Please contact us if you work for an organisation operating in the East Midlands and you have a request for information on any aspect of dementia care.
How we can help...
- A wide reference library of books, journals, reports and training DVDs to browse at our Leicester offices
- Assistance with searches for information on particular aspects of dementia care
- Help with finding and linking with other key contacts in the East Midlands and beyond to share learning/experience/information on specific areas of care and support or new developments
Trent DSDC & Dementia UK Development Director - exciting job vacancy
Job Vacancy for Development Director (full-time)
Trent Dementia Services Development Centre working in partnership with Dementia UK
Salary in range £38,000 - £42,000 (depending on qualifications and experience)
35 hours per week
Based in Leicester (some home working possible)
Do you want to improve services and support for people living with dementia?
We are looking for a highly motivated and passionate individual to lead and develop the Trent DSDC, and to advance the aims and goals of Dementia UK in the East Midlands.
The Trent DSDC is a small charitable company supporting services in the East Midlands to improve the quality of care and support they provide for people with dementia and their carers. Dementia UK is a national charity seeking to improve the quality of life for all people affected by dementia.
The Trent DSDC and Dementia UK are working in partnership in the East Midlands to further develop the work of both organisations.
The Development Director will:
- Provide leadership for both organisations in the region
- Promote the Admiral Nursing model and establish new Admiral Nurse posts with partner organisations
- Build relationships with commissioners and providers and develop projects, services and partnerships
- Disseminate learning and best practice through dementia training, consultancy, educational events, networks, conferences and development work
- Represent and promote the Trent DSDC and Dementia UK at regional and national levels, working closely with partner organisations.
This exciting post is offered for a fixed term of 12 months initially, with the potential for extension depending on the success of the work programme and available funding.
To download the job description see the link below
Closing date: 12th November 2012
A new FREE Booklet! Getting Equipped to Tackle Forgetfulness
Getting Equipped to Tackle Forgetfulness provides clear information and some essential top tips for people who know someone experiencing confusion and memory problems.
The guide describes:
- Some of the benefits of using equipment
- What equipment is available to help
- How to make decisions together about equipment
- How and where to get hold of equipment
Click on the link below to download the booklet: